Help me Please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighTower1187

Solid State Member
Reboot Question- Help Plz!!

Hi

Ive built computers for people before so I know more or less what im doing. I recently built a new gaming comp for myself
Stats are follows:

Athlon 64 3500+
ASUS A8V Deluxe mobo
2x512mb Corsair value ram
ATI Radeon 9800PRO 256mb/256bit
160gb Seagate HD
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
420Watt power supply
4x80mm fans
ASUS CD/RW drive

Now Ive been looking at tech forums for a while and ive noticed a lot of people with a similar config to mine have the same problem. The computer seems to reboot on its own a lot, for me it happens all the time in games and in no other type of application. I installed half-life 2 and it played perfectly for 4-5 hours and then i switched to CS:Source and it rebooted 10 minutes into it. Ive tried about 5 different games on all different settings and the only one that didnt have a problem was Doom 3, which i played for a solid 2 hours.

Does anyone know of a solid way to fix this? I tried almost all the Catalyst drivers and even the Omega ones with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Whats your temperatures, of your graphics card, motherboard, and CPU.....

Have you checked your voltages for extreme power fluctuations which would indicate a struggling and/or failing PSU.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but personally I hate ASUS and I've noticed a lot of people with ASUS boards having problems and coming to these threads, whereas boards like MSI, ABit, DFI and such boards like that I rarely see anyone having problems with. ASUS used to be a damn good motherboard maker, but IMO their quality has severely dropped and their customer support is beyond horrible

Sounds like a PSU problem. Take it to a local computer store to get it checked. I have an ASUS board and have had no problems, so I can't confirm what a lot of people are saying about ASUS being crap. I am almost certain its your PSU.

I agree with ASUS's customer support being pretty bad, but I read a lot of reviews and that mobo got a load of Editors Choice Awards. Now im not too advanced in knowledge about power supplies but i checked the voltage and it was fine, i used a power calculation program and it said the min. amount of wattage id need was less than 300. The temperatures were all in the normal range too. Besides, my comp is in my cold basement with 4 fans and the heatsink all working properly. Ive got no clue what the problem could be.

Have you tried the latest Motherboard Bios update ? Updating the chipset drivers ?

i have seen this many times , and its not something that is related to any certain mobo...there is usualy a problem in the vid card..sometime resetting to lower specs will work...also liik in your mobo bios for the settings there that relat to your vid card...try lowering them..? is the vid card overclocked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom