Need new gpu

Everything is connected so that is over with.. now I encountered yet another bump jn my build.. when I try to power the machine up the leds pop up and the fans start spinning for about 2 secs then they go of for about 5secs and then they switch on again and so it continues.

Anyobe with an idea of what could be wrong?

Make sure there is no short inside the case, make sure all cables are connected properly, and make sure that the CPU doesn't have too much pressure on it from the heatsink.

So I tested al components and found out my PSU is the broken component.. so now im back to 0 untill I get sent a new one, hope it doesn't take too long.

Thanks for al the help nontheless guys!

Well, first I looked for potential shorts etc when I didnt find any I started deducting the cause, eventually I had my PSU and my mobo wih cpu and ram outside of the case and I tried to start it. But it still did not work. So I swapped psu"s and it ran fine.

Hmm no i don't, but i searched for it anf it doesnt seem that my mobo is proprietary.. also the psu I tested it with was not from my former setup but from a friend with a regular sized atx mobo.

its actually quite rare to get a dead product these days. its why newegg has had to change their awesome exchange policy to a much less awesome one. A large amount of people(The kids on newegg that give themselves 5 out of 5 even though they just built their first rig -_-) will ship stuff that didn't boot on the first try and say its broken.

PP Mguire is right, its worth testing again!

Hi guys did some extra testing and it seems the psu works, the only thing that baffels me about that is that my friends psu worked wih my mobo....

Anyway, it seems im looking to get myself a new mobo too then or a psu that is compatible with my mobo

Any thoughts on what my best option would be?

Back
Top Bottom