New Power Supply

35g700

rustle rustle
given that SeaSonic actually makes Corsair power supplies, i would bet that if you ripped them apart, they would likely be 90% identical!

Plus, as patonb said, the SeaSonic is 100% modular! Not to mention its a fair bit cheaper

given that SeaSonic actually makes Corsair power supplies, i would bet that if you ripped them apart, they would likely be 90% identical!

Plus, as patonb said, the SeaSonic is 100% modular! Not to mention its a fair bit cheaper

Newegg has a promo code offering $20 off the Corsair making them both the same price.

I'm not to concerened about the 100% modularity because I'll never use the power supply without the 24 pin connector.

I guess the two biggest differences for me are:

1. Corsair has a 7 year warranty and the Seasonic only has 5.
2. Seasonic has 2 8 pin CPU connecters and the Corsair only has 1.

Do you guys think we will start seeing motherboards with two 8 pin power connectors in the next few years?

Go for the Corsair then, its easy enough to make your own 8 pin connector but an extra 2 years out of a psu is priceless... well perhaps not priceless but you know what i mean! :p

Newegg has a promo code offering $20 off the Corsair making them both the same price.

I'm not to concerened about the 100% modularity because I'll never use the power supply without the 24 pin connector.

I guess the two biggest differences for me are:

1. Corsair has a 7 year warranty and the Seasonic only has 5.
2. Seasonic has 2 8 pin CPU connecters and the Corsair only has 1.

Do you guys think we will start seeing motherboards with two 8 pin power connectors in the next few years?
There are already boards that take 2. You have to be seriously OCing hard under subzero to even utilize that. I would know, it makes a difference lol.

Go for the Corsair then, its easy enough to make your own 8 pin connector but an extra 2 years out of a psu is priceless... well perhaps not priceless but you know what i mean! :p
I doubt neither PSU would die before their warranty period anyways. I have pulled 1100w through my HX850 on accident and it still gives me an 11.95v on the 12v under load.

I doubt neither PSU would die before their warranty period anyways. I have pulled 1100w through my HX850 on accident and it still gives me an 11.95v on the 12v under load.

Hahaha! thats impressive! :p i know that my poor Corsair CX400 died because of my server but that was because i was pulling about 500w+ and it still lasted over 6 months like that. its still alive too but it only gives 11.8v so its only good for a car sub amp! :angel:

Seeing as I won't be doing any extreme overclocking I think I'll go with the corsair for the 7 year warranty. I've RMA'd things with both Seasonic and Corsair before and Corsair had much better customer support IMO.

Back
Top Bottom