CPU Heatsink lga775

You shouldn't have any problems installing.
If you install different ram you have to manually set speed and timings to the slowest sticks.

On my phone brah.

Like I said, my Q8200 runs in the 70s with an H50.
Wow, that is almost the worst for 775 i have ever heard of, that and the old 90nm Pent-D style. Those chips were terrible!

Honestly though, i run one of my Q6600s OC'd to 3.0GHz on stock voltage and stock intel heatsink and it maxed out at 55c under heavy load. 100% Stable 24/7
(Even before it was in my icecube of a basement)

The other one was in my main rig and is now in my media server and its at 3.5GHz stable with only a slight bump in voltage! It maxes out at 48 but thats likely due to the fact that its on a custom watercooling rig thats integrated into the tv cabinet, it runs two 3X120mm rads. there is just no way that it could overheat! :p

thanks for the fast replies again
also slightly off topic i also would like to up my ram from 4gb to 6 easy to do but i use gskill with a timing of 5-5-5-15 and most use 4-4-4-12 and so on are they um mixable?

It honestly depends on who made the BIOS for your MSI board, a good bios will be programmed to adapt and run the faster chips at the slower timings, or it just wont work.

Also, its good to hear you have the G0! it means that you should be able to overclock to 3.0Ghz without increasing the voltage! Thus, very little heat over stock speeds! :D

thanks every one as always great information here
so once i get the new heatsink ill hafta find a good tutorial on OC iv never acually done that my self so
thanks
Lunaz

Like I said, my Q8200 runs in the 70s with an H50.

IIRC, the Q6600 with the G0 stepping usually ran at 50 - 65 or so. Since it was a G0 stepping, you can keep it at stock voltages at higher clocks, so the temp shouldn't go up much until you start cranking up the voltage on it.

Back
Top Bottom