Bad motherboard?

Have you tried burning windows 7 to an actual disc and installing it?

No. My computer does not have an optical drive and I don't have any SATA drives that I could install.

I've installed Windows to this computer from a USB drive before, and I've also used the same USB drive to install to other machines. I don't think that's the issue.

I have two identical 2x4GB sets of Corsair Vengeance RAM. I've tried it in every way possible.

I installed Ubuntu to the same hard drive that I tried to install Windows too.

For now I've got Windows running in Virtualbox.

I think my large heatsink may have caused my motherboard to bend, thus causing things to go wrong. For now I guess I'll just use Ubuntu and run Windows in a virtual machine. I'll probably buy a new motherboard next payday.

I think it has nothing to do with that, from what I'm gathering it sounds like you got a bad iso image your using.
Are you copying from an original official windows 7 pro disc or a downloaded one ?
I would try the official disk first and use samsung cruzer flash drive or better to install.
Stops most installation issues in the long run, not unless such said computer wont boot off the removal media disk.

I think it has nothing to do with that, from what I'm gathering it sounds like you got a bad iso image your using.
Are you copying from an original official windows 7 pro disc or a downloaded one ?
I would try the official disk first and use samsung cruzer flash drive or better to install.
Stops most installation issues in the long run, not unless such said computer wont boot off the removal media disk.

It's a downloaded .iso that I got from MSDNAA for being a student. I'll use another drive and try again.

Back
Top Bottom