Game Graphics won't change

TheC0bbler

Solid State Member
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum and have been looking around to find a solution to my problem but I couldn't find anything so I decided to post here. I recently just built my first computer and everything has been going good except when I go to play a video game like BF3 or Far Cry 3, when I go to change the graphics settings, they always look the same no matter what setting they're on. I've updated all my drivers to the current ones. I'm not sure what's causing the problem. I'll list my computers specs below.

Gigabyte GTX 680 2GB graphics card
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD4H LGA 1155 motherboard
Intel i7 3770 3.5GHz
8 GB RAM
256GB SSD

I might have to ask a few stupid questions so just hold tight! :p

Are you sure that your settings are actually being applied when entered?
Are you running dual screens?
Are you Not having this issue with any games?

And for example, 800X600 looks the same as 1920X1080 in the settings?

Not a problem, I appreciate the help.

1. Yes I'm sure
2. I'm only running one screen
3. I'm pretty sure this is the case with all my games. On BF3 The only thing I notice that changes is shading.

Different resolutions do look different though.

Go to your Nvidia control panel and make sure the performance settings are set to let the game control thevalues. If that didn't make scene, ill explain it in further detail if needed

I checked that and I think I made sure I'm letting the game change the settings. I'll double check that though.

If im not mistaken, its a rather long list! You might also want to max all the settings out, its worth a shot! It sounds like a driver bug but its hard to be sure. Who did you get the latest driver update for the video card from?

Back
Top Bottom