new pc build but using hdmi to TV

When you say "HDMI to TV" do you mean you have an HDMI cable running to a TV? Or do you mean you have an HDMI cable that has HDMI on one end and a different connector on the other end?

What model TV?

I have a new build, first build, and just turned it on and can't get any picture. I'm using an hdmi to tv

By default, use a VGA port on your graphics card or oboard gpu motherboard.
Depending if its ATI or nvidia, swtich the settings in your motherboard bios setup screen to boot off of dvi/hdmi.
Click save and see if it will switch correctly and enable picture. :)

The thing is, I just built the computer. Nothing is loaded onto it. I have a gtx 660 that only has hdmi want two DVI. No vga. Motherboard is ASUS M5A97 r2.0.

Sure enough your correct, however I want you to call asus technical support at around 9am est this morning.
1-812-282-2787
Ask the tecnician what you should do, to get picture.
If I were you I would consider getting a slightly lower GTX card with vga.
Just to ensure I have options to get vga and hdmi signals.
When your done come back here immediately and tell us what happens.

The thing is, I just built the computer. Nothing is loaded onto it. I have a gtx 660 that only has hdmi want two DVI. No vga. Motherboard is ASUS M5A97 r2.0.
I asked for your specs for a reason. If you have an 1155 setup with an IGP you may have to take the 660 out and use onboard to get everything setup and tell the bios to boot to PCI-E. Also makes sure everything else on the board works. Since it's a new build it could be anything right now. Without any extra specifics there is nothing any of us can really do to help besides shoot out wild adice.

I mean everything ya hooked up and I do not have integrated graphics on board. The fans are spinning, my optical drive boots up and I have the 6 pin connected to my graphics cars. I am assuming that since nothing is installed yet, I need to user a monitor and vga cords. The card came with a dvi to vga adapter so ill give that a shot

Back
Top Bottom