How well would Half Life 2 run on this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey i said MAX, cant you read? and i didnt even know anybody that had that. When i had 98 i had a pentium1 133 w/ 32 meg of ram. my dad was just getting into pc100 sdram, which he only had 256 of.

First of all, this is just stupid arguing about how much RAM windows 98 and ME consumed. Yes, Windows is a bad RAM hog these days. It uses 300MB of my 1GB, but if you remember, Windows 95 could "run" in only 4MB of RAM, and Windows 98 could "run" in only 8MB of RAM. Nvidia Fan Boy, can you do anything but argue? Second, about XT being an overclocked Pro. That is not the case with the X800. The X800 Pro has 12-pipes which totally cripples it. The XT can actually compete with and beat the 6800 series on several occasions. The X800 Pro, although just as expensive as the 6800GT, isn't that much more poweful than a 9800 XT. Although the Pro does an awesome job with HL2, Doom 3 SUCKS on it. Be prepared to play with Medium settings and no AA and no AF with an X800 Pro, thats if you want more than 25 fps during intense times.

beedubaya said:
First of all, this is just stupid arguing about how much RAM windows 98 and ME consumed. Yes, Windows is a bad RAM hog these days. It uses 300MB of my 1GB, but if you remember, Windows 95 could "run" in only 4MB of RAM, and Windows 98 could "run" in only 8MB of RAM. Nvidia Fan Boy, can you do anything but argue? Second, about XT being an overclocked Pro. That is not the case with the X800. The X800 Pro has 12-pipes which totally cripples it. The XT can actually compete with and beat the 6800 series on several occasions. The X800 Pro, although just as expensive as the 6800GT, isn't that much more poweful than a 9800 XT. Although the Pro does an awesome job with HL2, Doom 3 SUCKS on it. Be prepared to play with Medium settings and no AA and no AF with an X800 Pro, thats if you want more than 25 fps during intense times.

Yeah I forgot about the pipes. That makes a ton of difference even though both GPUs use the same core. In actuality the pro is an overclocked normal. Doing more research most XTs have different cores than the pros even the 9600XT.

Also, about the RAM. Exactly my point. It's one thing to argue but it's another to argue about something you have NO clue about. If you have NO clue than why argue?????

Like I said, only XP is considered a total RAM hog NV boy because IT IS and why many people actually refuse to upgrade from previous versions of Windows. It has like a gazillion processes constantly running.

Hmmm i hink i will bring in somebody from the outside for this one. I think because of the rep i have on this site you guys refuse to let what i am saying sink for it isnt me that is arguing it is yall. Just wait and yall will be proved wrong......

it seems to me that some are not very realistic about ram and windows...even 3.1 was a hog, but what most people dont realize is that if your drive is too small it doesnt matter if you have a tera gig of ram ..your in trouble with windows....
speed=ram +hdd (lets remember that window will take as much " V R ram " as it wants , unless you tell windows no!)
right now im running a full 3gig of vr ram on my drive and windows still wants more, yeah tis XP pro corp im running.
as for the past stuff , well thats just about it the past let it go .
lets get back to the origional topic ok, which is better one vid card or another? ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom