Hang and Crash Curse

Well I have doen near a hundred virus scans on my pc (over time), and it says I don't have one threat. But when the OS was on the 500GB, it crashed, formatted many times, it just did the same. Formatted it, and loaded my 2TB, and now it does the same thing? Even though there is not even one program using the 500GB, could it still rash my pc?

There doesn't specifically have to be a program using it in the foreground.

A background service (such as defrag or indexing) could be accessing it and still having issues.

I would scan your drive(s) with the manufacturer tools (e.g. SeaTools for SeaGate and Data Lifeguard for WD drives) to see if SMART is alright as well as if there any other other diagnostic issues it can find.

I have disconnected the 500GB hdd, and running it the whole day to see if it hangs again, next step my IT teacher told me is the RAM as I have 4GB corsair and 4GB Kingston in the same pc.

I have disconnected the 500GB hdd, and running it the whole day to see if it hangs again, next step my IT teacher told me is the RAM as I have 4GB corsair and 4GB Kingston in the same pc.

Hmm, remove the kingston first and try the corsair ram.
Use your bioses memory utiility check and see if it passes on all test.
If that one works, try the kingston, if that one errors out please report back here.
I'll have some direct contact information if either brand has failed.

So I disconnected the 500GB hdd, did mem test before, and all said it was fine. I ran the PC for 24 hours after I disconnected the 500GB hdd, it was fine, and then hanged again this morning. So I have taken the king ax (not Kingston, as I thought it was) 4GB RAM out, and it is running now, so we will see. If it hangs again, I am going to put in the kingmax ram, if it hangs then, I will try another psu my IT teacher leant me. Will keep you guys updated. Thanks for all the help, really appreciate it :)

It was running for around 2 hours and it crashed using the corsair memory. Now I am using the kingmax, we will see what happens

I would suggest that if your memory is bad, next time get a matched kit of the same type/company... (2x4gb, 2x8gb) this way they are matched to work together and have less problems and work in double or triple channel more efficiently. Plus it will also rule out the possibility of ram compatibility issues.

Back
Top Bottom