Hang and Crash Curse

Notepad ++, iTunes, photoshop, dream weaver, eclipse, fl studio, steam, xfire, cod 4, cod mw 2,3 , black ops 1,2, vlc player, BitTorrent, chrome, Firefox, thunderbird, xampp, daemon tools, quick time player, handy cd ripper, cubase 5 (only in windows 8), miniclip games (bubble trouble), think that's it. But the exact same versions (same installers) were used on my laptop (windows 7), and they worked fine, not crashing once, not hanging, all was good. So I don't see why it would be worse on a pc that has better specs.

I went into CMD and did a chkdsk, it said it found errors, so I went to my hdd (in my computer folder) clicked on properties, tools, and it scanned and repaired the drive. Then I did a chkdsk again and it came up clean. Would that really be the issue? As I have had many times that my pc turns on and it says scanning and repairing drive, and I get "unexpected shutdown" prompt box sometimes?

I went into CMD and did a chkdsk, it said it found errors, so I went to my hdd (in my computer folder) clicked on properties, tools, and it scanned and repaired the drive. Then I did a chkdsk again and it came up clean. Would that really be the issue? As I have had many times that my pc turns on and it says scanning and repairing drive, and I get "unexpected shutdown" prompt box sometimes?

In a command prompt, type sfc /scannow
and let it go through its process.

Do you get a message that it found errors but it can't fix them?

I did the sic /scan now, gave me this:
"Windows resource protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logins is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios" when I try to open the file, it gives me an access denied error. My pc is offline, as I don't have Internet, I am using my ipad to connect to this forum. I ran this earlier and my pc crashed (may have had something to do with me plugging in a second screen?

To be completely sure, I would take that drive completely out. If you don't really use it, there is no need for it right now... If you system behaves the way it should then , low and behold, that would be the issue. A bad hard drive CAN be a single, solitary issue with a machine. So I hope that it does fix your problem. Good luck!

I also would not use it again, IMHO, as a bad or going bad drive can get worse, and possibly die just when you need it most. :p

Well I have doen near a hundred virus scans on my pc (over time), and it says I don't have one threat. But when the OS was on the 500GB, it crashed, formatted many times, it just did the same. Formatted it, and loaded my 2TB, and now it does the same thing? Even though there is not even one program using the 500GB, could it still rash my pc?

Well I have doen near a hundred virus scans on my pc (over time), and it says I don't have one threat. But when the OS was on the 500GB, it crashed, formatted many times, it just did the same. Formatted it, and loaded my 2TB, and now it does the same thing? Even though there is not even one program using the 500GB, could it still rash my pc?
A bad sector on the faulty hard drive, when accessed, can cause your computer to crash. Not "virally" infected. Not even infected.

When your computer's doing a million things at once, and then "trips" over a bad sector in a hard drive, crashes can result.

Back
Top Bottom