Using 1080p resolution causes PC to crash

Shauntilbs

Solid State Member
I use my computer at all times on the resolution 1360 x 768 which is noted as (recommended). My monitor is an LG TV, and PC is one which I built. I bought a HDMI cable to be able to change my resolution to 1080p. After doing so the computer will crash. I have tried many solutions but cannot work out where the issue lies. I do not believe it to be a hardware issue with my PC as I used another monitor which displayed 1080p With no issue. Can using an LG TV cause such an issue? I can supply more info if needed.

Thanks in advance

What happens if you hook the tv up via a vga cable?

Do you have the latest drivers installed for your video card?

What model of LG TV do you have, and does it support 1080p
Which Graphics Card do you have
What version of Windows\Mac\Linux are you using

Do the crash happen when you connect the HDMI cable when the operating system is already running
Have you tried booting the computer with the HDMI cable connected etc.

Hefemeister:

I have no issues with the vga cable, but it does not let me go above the resolution of 1360 x 768. I recently installed the latest drivers for my graphics card.

Frosty is a snowman:

My LG TV is a 32LH5000 which supports 1080p. I am using Windows 7 home premium service pack 1. I continously use the HDMI cable, and only experience the crash after changing the resolution to 1080p. The crashes seem be very random. For example I ran the PC on 1080p for a good 3 days before a crash, but it can also last a mere 10minutes. All my PC specs are as follows:

Mother board: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0

CPU: AMD FX-8 EIGHT CORE 8120

RAM: BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB (2X4GB) RAM is L3 Cache 8Mb and the type is DDR3.

Graphics: ASUS AMD RADEON HD 7770

PSU: NOVATECH POWERSTATION 750W

Thanks for the responses.

Does the crash happen when you are playing games or does it just happen at any random point, no matter what application is running

Do you know if the graphics card is over heating
Does the event viewer create an log entry of what might be causing the crash

You said you use another monitor in 1080p, do you connect that via HDMI or DVI ?

It might be worth making sure you have the latest firmware installed on the TV as well
LG 32LH5000 Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG UK

The crash will happen randomly regardless of what I am doing. I have opened my PC up after these crashes and all components inside are cool, I do not think they are overheating at all. I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by the event viewer. When i used the other monitor I used the HDMI cable. I have now updated my TV to the latest firmware, I will now test it out.

It would seem the update to the TV's firmware has solved the issue. Thank you very much for the help, i'll report back if it hasn't.

Back
Top Bottom