Duo screen Setup

Rain321

Solid State Member
Hey everyone!

I'm looking for a little bit of assistance as I'm not very good with these things.

I guess I'll kick right into it.

I've had a duo screen set-up for a while now but my DVI/VGA port has died on me.

I have a Samsung LCD screen and a BENQ monitor , the LCD screen was hooked up to my Nvidia GTX 580 via HDMI cable and my monitor was hooked up via DVI-to-VGA. (Not sure if any of this information is relevant, but I thought I best provide it anyway).

Would it be possible to plug in my BENQ and use the integrated motherboard chip-set graphics to set this screen as my secondary? Leaving my GTX on my main Samsung screen.

If so, how is this done?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my thread and any possibly solutions will be greatly appreciated!

Ivan

Last edited:
This can depend on the motherboard you are using, I do know some will allow you to use the on-board for a secondary display, but a lot of them will only use either the on-board or the graphics card.

Do you know what motherboard you have, or the make\model of the computer you are using ?

Have you checked the BIOS to see what settings it has with regards to the display adapters you can use.

Hey Frosty!

The Make of my computer is: Alienware Area51

My motherboard information, or what I could gather up in regards of what motherboard I'm using is:

MB_Manufacturer: Alienware
MB_Product: 0XDJ4C
MB_SerialNumber: ..CN697029CI0058.
MB_Version: A00

I haven't looked into the BIOS, as I'm not sure what I'm looking for or what I should be looking into changing if something is not right.

Thanks for your response!

Back
Top Bottom