Building a pc

I highly doubt you will be able to reuse the DVD burner it is most likely IDE not SATA. Are you sure you can't remove the burner?

Yeah I'm pretty sure, also it is the player that wont remove. I've un-hooked it from the green lock, un-screwed the four metal screws, taken the top of the casing off, taken the front off aswell. It seems like it is welded in because there are no more screws are locks holding it.

What this 'update' is about, is would I be able to use the case? It also has a fully functional dvd burner and player. The dvd player is built in and I cannot take it out.

parts I picked out?

It depends on the exact type of computer. Most personal computers that are store bought have a size/type referred to as M-ATX, which stands for Micro - 'ATX' which is a motherboard "form factor". Some companies have tried and/or use different form factors. For instance, DELL uses a form factor referred to as "BTX" / M-BTX.

Most Pre-built systems also tend to have poor case ventilation so having a gaming computer in a case designed for the heat of an standard computer will lead to either needing to replace all the fans(If there even are any) in the case, or seirous heat issues motherboard form factor.

I would recommend that you just get an aftermarket to be sure you have good cooling and space for your computer

MICRO-ATX

MSI-890GXM-G65-microATX-mATX-CrossFIreX-AMD-Phenom-II-AM3-SATA6G-USB3-motherboard.jpg

Standard-ATX (Sorry its sideways! :p)
790_01.jpg

rule of thumb, a micro ATX will usually have 4 "Expansion slots" a Standard ATX will have 7

P.s. for games like that, you really don't need a powerhouse. For the case, this is what i would do on a tight budget. Oh and sorry, my links will be using newegg! Aussie sites are too upside-down for my liking... :p

For the case i would go with something like the...
NZXT GAMMA Classic Series

And get some fans to add in there(Best to get decent quality fans)
ARCTIC F12 Case Fan 120mm Quiet Blade Design

What do you plan to do for the Video card?

I'm not to sure, as I said I dont think I got all the parts writen down.

I would like a fairly good video card, since I know they tend to break alot (Past experiance)

Also thank you guys for your help, it is very hard to goodle search help like this, and all tech shops just try to rip you off.

Back
Top Bottom