Converting a TV into a monitor

Connortk

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, I hope i've come to the right place to ask this but i'll ask none the less

So, My computer monitor is broken and im looking to convert my TV into my new monitor, it has a HDMI socket and my PC has a VGA / DVI socket, so i was wondering if this would work : HDMI TO VGA Cable Adapter for PC Laptop Power-Free, Raspberry Pi, MHL support: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Or this : Black HDMI input to VGA+Audio Output Port Projector Adapter HDMI Conversion Cable for Computer / DVD / digital set-top box / laptop / mobile phone / digital camera / Table PC / media player to to the TV / monitor / projector: Amazon.co.uk: Computers

I've already made the mistake of buying a VGA to HDMI cable, seen as i didnt realise Vga is analog and hdmi is digital :/

Anyways. if you guys could help me out that would be great, thanks in advance!

Thanks guys, that helps quite alot, and it's cheap too :D Do you know if it will run well? My tv is a 21 inch plasma tv that's HD Ready, because i dont want the picture to end up looking terribad

What's the make and model of your TV? I would guess that a 21" would be 1080p, which should be okay.

I've used TVs as monitors and the picture quality has ranged from horrid to near-computer monitor quality.

Back
Top Bottom