mail server software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
Ok, well i have tried a new like ability mail server and all, but i just don't know how to get them to work. What i want s to have my own email server on my pc, as i already have my own http server using apache. I use no-ip.com to redirect my ip to a sucdomain on no-ip.com and use the dns update service, as my ip is dynamic. all this owrks fine.
If any of you could help me out here, tell me how to set up a server on a subdomain, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

U-Toast

well i got my ability server working... i can receive mails at ubertoast@toastmail.no-ip.com
But i cant send anything. it sends without an error, but it wont reach its destiny. Maybe its a MX record problem? iv tried so manythings. Could someone just go over what i need to do? This is confusing me, maybe we can tlak on aim or msn
hrcman6 is aim
grognonec@hotmail.com is msn

Thanks

U-Toast, try this: Mail Enable

It's a great email server, which i had on my server before changing to Linux. Of course, you'll have to be running XP to run it.

It also has a very good online help guide and support forums. I have tried many servers in the past on Windows and Mail Enable was by far the best one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom