onboard sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUXA

Solid State Member
I just recieved and installed my A8V Motherboard and i cant get my onboard sound to work. It's like it's not even there. Nothing shows up on on the Sounds and Audio Devices Properties. I've installed all the drivers, went to asus and looked for utilities and other drivers but nothing seems to work. Am i missing something? please help

I checked the bios and it was enabled, there was only one sound driver for this mobo, I installed it and nothing happened. its still not showing up anywhere.

I'm using a ripped copy of windows xp so i cant install sp1. I'm unable to install usb2 drivers for this reason(although they still work). Now im thinking this might have something to do with it but i can install the drivers w/o any errors. any other suggestions?

Did you do the ad new hardware thing in window's? if that don't work the only other thing i can sugguest is try a couple of different ac97 sound driver's since it's onboard sound.

any other suggestions?
Yeah purchase the software. I wouldn't openly post about ripping a windowsXP CD as talk about serials, cracking, hacking, or illegal software in general isn't accepted.

I never promoted any sort of ripping/hacking. It was given to me and I would rather use that than pay $110 for xp. It's not like microsoft is hurting. If sp1 is the problem I'll probably have to buy it or borrow someone else's.

But before I do does anyone know if having a pci sound blaster card installed would make a difference? Im really having a hard time understanding why my AC 97audio isn't showing up. Its seems like it's not even installed on my motherboard but i can plainly see it.

I know you're not promoting it or anything, but still to openly advertise 'Hey its ripped' isn't really the best approach know what I mean? Besides I'm not getting on your case, just informing you.

Anywho, I had a couple motherboards who's onboard sound simply refused to work. Newer motherboards are getting better, but for the most part it has been iffy and I've had 2 or 3 where it worked for a while then would stop for no reason or just not work at all.

You could always RMA it, but you should be able to stick in a PCI card, and I'd assume if that card works then your onboard sound just simply doesn't work. Don't forget to disable onboard sound if you put that card in.

ahhh...great 2 rma products in a row... this is getting rediculous and a big pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom