Upgrading my PC for gaming

So the 7750 would work on my power supply and be a better Graphics Card than the 6670 performance wise? Obviously it's more expensive but it's the same as if I bought the 6670 + PSU to make it work.

What issues could I have with the 7750 on my machine with the PSU I have now?

Parish87 said:
One thing that would happen, would be your system turning off during "gaming" or any moderate to heavy usage of the core components, which in turn could damage them in the long run.

I wouldn't want to run that risk.

So the 7750 would work on my power supply and be a better Graphics Card than the 6670 performance wise? Obviously it's more expensive but it's the same as if I bought the 6670 + PSU to make it work.

If you pull too many watts from the PSU for a prolonged period of time you could burn it up. There is a 50/50 chance it would take out the rest of your machine when this happens. I do not recommend doing that in the least.

The 7750 is the better card, but if you can't afford it then grab the TSX PSU (Be Quiet! 300w long slim one) and the 6670. Either setup is a substantial upgrade over your current GT210 so which ever is in your budget go for it.

The Radeon HD 7750 is better than the 6670.
Yes, you'll need a new PSU for either of the 6670 or the 7750, I'm not an expert with small cases and FF PSU's, but I think it'll be better to buy this PSU : Be Quiet SFX Power 350W Small FF PSU: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
I'm not sure if it'll fit or if it's quality enough, but if it does I think it'll be better to have extra headroom.
That PSU will not fit in his case. The one I linked will.

If you pull too many watts from the PSU for a prolonged period of time you could burn it up. There is a 50/50 chance it would take out the rest of your machine when this happens. I do not recommend doing that in the least.

The 7750 is the better card, but if you can't afford it then grab the TSX PSU (Be Quiet! 300w long slim one) and the 6670. Either setup is a substantial upgrade over your current GT210 so which ever is in your budget go for it.

Hi again, I have ordered the two items (the 6670 and the Be Quiet! PSU) and they should be with me Monday so i'm looking forward to that.

I've got enough budget definitely to upgrade to 8gb of ram - do you know if I need a specific type/manufacture or anything?

Also, I may also have enough to stretch for a used i5 like you suggested - where would be the best place to look for that?

Thanks!

Thanks - that's about the cheapest I can get right? And it will definitely fit and everything?
Well, there was one for a few pounds less, but it said it would be "dispatched usually within 1-3 months". So I figured 3 or 4 pounds more seemed worth it.

It should fit and work just fine.

Back
Top Bottom