I can't activate windows xp, need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramses1982

Baseband Member
When I tried to activate windows it says that the key has been used too many times and I have to use a different one. This is like the 6th time I've activated with this key so I do I have to buy a brand new copy of windows xp if I want to activate?

call ms and give it to them...yell at them telling them that they make a POS software and just keep yelling at them, my friend actually had someone start crying on him because of it, so she let him in. lol

AND_YOU_ARE said:
Is there a limit to how many times i can wipe my computer, reinstalled xp and 'register' my computer on line? I havent heard of this happening.

yes. that is why you should copy your wpa.dbl file

The most likely reason it won't allow you activate is because the first time you activated your version of XP, it sent Microsoft a Hardware profile associated with your CD-Key. You must have added or upgraded your hardware too many or times or made a large change all at once. They know this is possible and will very likely let you activate if you call them and let them know that this is the case. I'd avoid the cussing ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom