New Self-Built Computer, no Video + Couple of Other Issues

Meatwad

Solid State Member
So I haven't build a PC from scratch in several years. I have put together a new gaming PC with all brand new parts:

Currently no OS, Windows 8 is planned (waiting for SSD drive to arrive)

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 LE
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core, LGA-1155
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce Galaxy GTX
Hard Drive: Seagate 3 TB SATA
RAM: GSkill 16 GB (8 GB x 2 Kit) *Only one stick is currently inserted
Power Supply: Coolmax ZE Series, 1000 WATT

Not currently attached:
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy
Wireless: Linksys WMP600N
SSD: 64 GB SATA - Once it arrives in the mail, I will install Windows 8 on it.

When I power it on, it stays on for about 5 seconds, then resets. The power and resets switches are inserted correctly - I checked several times.

Nothing beeps when I don't have any RAM in the motherboard. The buzzer is attached. The MEMOK LED only comes on if I hold it down for a few seconds - it only blinks, never solid.

No video. The motherboard does not have onboard video, and so my graphics card is the only way to attach a display. My monitor has both VGA and HDMI. The graphics card has HDMI and DVI (along with a DMI to VGA converter). Neither of them will show up on the monitor.

I don't know what's causing these problems. Help would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

Yes, the motherboard has "Revision 1.03" printed on it.

Firstly, i would say the power supply or motherboard could be bad/going bad. the symptom is very similar to 2 that i had, the main difference being the computer stayed powered on for anywhere from 7-13ish seconds with both. in one instance, the motherboard was bad, and the fans would not spin down. in the other, the system would boot and stay one for 7 to 13ish seconds, which was a power supply going bad..

do your fans turn on and stay on full blast, or do they spin down? You could try another power supply if you have a spare one.

If there was a way to flash your BIOS, id say get the latest version. but you need a CPU to do that with...

if that doesn't work, take apart your computer and inspect everything. Unless you don't have Thermal paste, then leave the CPU and HSF on. Then put it back together and give it a shot.

The fans appear to be working fine. I'll inspect reassemble the computer. Although, I can't imagine the motherboard or power supply being bad, since they're brand new.

The fans appear to be working fine. I'll inspect reassemble the computer. Although, I can't imagine the motherboard or power supply being bad, since they're brand new.

Working fine is not really the is not really the issue, its if they turn on and stay at full RPM, or if they turn on, speed up, and spin down to a lower RPM.

Components can ship bad, sometimes they make it past quality control. had a few hdd's arrive dead myself a few years back.

Back
Top Bottom