Is this a good mother board for over clocking?

theredmatter1

Baseband Member
TA970 :: Motherboard :: BIOSTAR

I am helping my friend build his little RIG with AMD, I am going for intel personally but ehhh.

He wants to overclock his AMD FX 8150 bulldozer.

Is it possible with this mother board, which Biostar motherboard AM3+ would you recommend?!

And can any body explain what is NEEDED to overclock to maximum while being able to keep the CPU cool.

I wouldn't get Biostar. Actually, they are under my list of boards to buy even under ECS.

If it has voltage control, a good number of power phases, and multiplier/FSB controls then you can OC.

He will need a good cooler to overclock the 8150. If he actually hasn't bought the CPU/motherboard yet then tell him not to waste his money.

As usual PPM saves the day! Fasho mate, and thanks for the help with my intel set up! i53570k Asrock MoBo, 850 wtt PSU, 8 gigs of ram! WEWT>

850w PSU for a system that wont pull 500w under load? I hope it was at least a good brand.

I wasn't kidding about not wasting his money. The only decent high end AMD CPU is the 8350 and even then IMO it sucks up way too much power for only "decent" performance. The 8150 uses more power for less performance.

Back
Top Bottom