GPU issue?

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
Right here's the problem, PC is pretty new and this problem has probably been there since the start, just I haven't used it much in the way which triggers it until now.

So the issue is GPU related I'm assuming. I'm not 100% sure what kicks it off but it seems to be when I load a site with a video embedded on it, but not all sites. For example BBC iplayer seems not to trigger this (can't be 100% sure though), it seems so far it's 4OD (which is what I use a lot) and a link to an IGN page with a game review video set it off too.

Basically bottom two thirds of the screen go almost black (very dark grey) and the top third has some banding of multicoloured lines, mostly oranges and browns. The sounds of the video will continue as normal but the computer will be totally locked up. When I press down on the power button, the screen will go back to normal as it's shutting down, so I'll see the desktop for a few seconds, I assume this may be because the page causing the problem has gone.

This doesn't happen every time, in fact it is a minority of times, probably...10% of the time? Hard to judge but basically most of the time it's okay. If I shut it down and re-start it, loading the same page won't cause the error to repeat itself.

This does not happen when I'm playing any game, so I assume it's an issue with loading the video embedded on the site and not the GPU just artifacting when it has to do something.

Is this a likely a hardware error, a software error in the form of the display driver or a software issue with something like flash player?

Tried updating your drivers to the newest?

Tried updating Flash player?

Try disabling hardware acceleration in Flash as well.

drivers are newest bar beta drivers, flash player is newest.

Disabled hardware acceleration so I'll see how that goes, cheers for the idea.

Back
Top Bottom