drivers for windows vista

I have got file sharing turned on and I have enabled upnp as well I have also set up the xbox as a media centre exetender,and none of that is the issuse,Vista is asking for a dedicated driver for the xbox which I cannot seem to locate even on microsofts own site

Vista and Win 7 both use the same driver format so the drivers should be interchangeable. If you find a driver for Win 7, it should be compatible with Vista.

you know they say use the advice of experts on the forums how come no-one has managed to resolve the issue that i posted HMMMMMMMMMM

you know they say use the advice of experts on the forums how come no-one has managed to resolve the issue that i posted HMMMMMMMMMM

You realize we're helping you for free right? We don't get paid to help you or anybody else on here; we're volunteering our time. So if you want to be like that, then why should we help you when you're not paying us "experts"? "HMMMMMMMMMMM"

I've tried searching for your issue, and have not found anybody else having this issue. I don't own a 360, so I'm of no use there either. I didn't find any drivers from the VEN and DEV #'s you posted either.

Easiest solutions? a) Don't use the function that's not working; try and find a different way to do it. b) Ditch Vista because it's full of bugs, and get Windows 7 since it worked under 7. Not sure why you need Ultimate; Home Premium (or maybe Pro) would be fine.

I completely agree. Even if you find a fix for the current problem, there is bound to be another existing with your installation of Vista. Find the e-mail you got or something when you bought 7. Did you register it? There has got to be some paper trail as to your purchase of the original windows 7 ult.

I completely agree. Even if you find a fix for the current problem, there is bound to be another existing with your installation of Vista. Find the e-mail you got or something when you bought 7. Did you register it? There has got to be some paper trail as to your purchase of the original windows 7 ult.

According to one of his previous posts, it sounds like he already used his Win7 Ultimate serial on another system, and needed to downgrade to Vista.

But can't you unauthorize that computer and use the serial for another? Or is that just a MS Office feature?

But can't you unauthorize that computer and use the serial for another? Or is that just a MS Office feature?

If it's already installed on a system (it sounds like it is), you cannot install it on another system. You can only install it on 1 system at a time.

Legally, to transfer licenses even, you need a retail copy of Windows. If you have an OEM copy, you're technically not supposed to transfer the license to another system.

The point is, it sounds like the OP already has Win7 installed on another system and is using that system.

Gotcha. If someone owns a windows 7 ult key, can they purchase another key at a discounted rate?

Back
Top Bottom