Dual-Boot XP on Pre-Installed Windows 8

gamingwithpi

Beta member
Hello, and I recently got a new computer with Windows 8 pre-installed. Unfortunately, most of the games I would like to run have alot of issues with Windows 8, so i decided that i wanted to dual boot my old windows XP.

But i learned that it isn't as easy as I thought, as windows 8 has some special boot format or whatever. I was wondering how I can successfully Dual Boot Windows XP (or any other system) with 2 HDD

Yes, I thought it would be easier to do with 2 hard drives, as the OS are separate from eachother (I don't know i was just thinking).

I would like to do it preferably without switching HDDs to boot from a different OS and without uninstalling windows 8. (It came preinstalled so i dont know if its legal to pirate a disk and use a legal activation code)

I hope to get some help :)

Good luck finding drivers. Better make sure you can actually get XP drivers first before you attempt to install it at all, or you may be severely disappointed.

You'll need to disable Secure Boot and/or UEFI in BIOS in order to install another OS.

Good luck finding drivers. Better make sure you can actually get XP drivers first before you attempt to install it at all, or you may be severely disappointed.

You'll need to disable Secure Boot and/or UEFI in BIOS in order to install another OS.

Oh... I didn't realize that :/ is there any easy way to find out of my drivers are XP compatible? And will disabling UEFI allow me to install XP over Windows 8? or do i still need to uninstall Windows 8 first?

Well are you wanting to dual boot or just wipe Win8?

You'll have to go to the manufacturers' sites for each component of your system (graphics, audio, LAN, WiFi, chipset, card reader, etc.). Could also look from the system manufacturer's website (HP, Dell, etc.) to see if they offer XP drivers (highly doubtful).

Back
Top Bottom