Gaming computer

Hmmm.... Well i record videos and post them on youtube. And when i get a new computer it needs to be a laptop. All i need in it is that it can record minecraft at a good fps. But i don't want it to be too expensive either. Is there any suggestions you guys would give me cause im open to anything.

p.s: I dont know much about computers and stuff so im kinda a noob at all this stuff.

Lol he disappeared, wouldn't get anything less then a gt 640m~645m personally considering they sell for about the same price.

Ok. Sorry for just skipping around here. Im just trying to be headed in the right direction to what PC i want to buy. I have been looking at this one, and it seems like a really good build for its price. In some customer reviews, they say it needs a better power supply. I would probably add another 8g RAM if i bought it.
Thanks for all this awesome help!
-AlphaPVP

Here it is: Amazon.com: CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA880 Desktop (Black/Blue): Electronics

Ok. Sorry for just skipping around here. Im just trying to be headed in the right direction to what PC i want to buy. I have been looking at this one, and it seems like a really good build for its price. In some customer reviews, they say it needs a better power supply. I would probably add another 8g RAM if i bought it.
Thanks for all this awesome help!
-AlphaPVP

Here it is: Amazon.com: CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA880 Desktop (Black/Blue): Electronics

I am not PC savy, but by simply reading some of those reviews I get a bad feeling about them.
Here is a large clip of what kinda sounded like a red flag to me (spaced it to avoid block of text):
_________
"Customer Complaints Summary
253 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 15 closed in last 12 months

Additional Complaint Information

Complainants allege the company sells defective merchandise, and fails to provide warranty service as agreed. Some complainants allege they receive merchandise which is inoperable or defective at the time of delivery. In other cases customers complain they return defective components two or three times for the same repair, or, repaired items are retuned without the repairs performed, or, in the same condition as when they were sent in for repair.

Complainants are generally dissatisfied with the level of customer service provided, claiming they are unable to reach company personnel by phone, and e-mails are not responded to. Some complainants who request refunds on defective products are dissatisfied with the company's policy of deducting S & H charges from the refund amount. The company has responded to most complaints by issuing RMA's for exchanging defective products, providing refunds, or offering additional repair assistance.

In some cases, the responses provided did not address the complainant's allegations. Some customers disputed the company's responses claiming the company did not follow through on promised resolutions, or that repairs performed did not remedy the original problem."

_______

Last edited:
Here's the deal:

All pre-built PCs come with less than adequate PSUs for the purpose.
All pre-built companies overprice their junk.
All pre-built "gaming" PCs that are less than 1000 bucks have a crap GPU.
All pre-built gaming PCs should be avoided.

That's the skiv, no way around it. Cyberpower has a very bad habit of labeling a PC as "gaming" and will toss in a piece of crap GPU like the GT610 in the one you linked.
You don't want to game on a GPU that low.

Now for laptops:

All laptops get too hot for extended gaming.
All gaming laptops less than 1000 bucks have crap hardware.
All laptop GPUs are weaker than their desktop counterparts.
You will spend more on a supposed gaming laptop than you will a comparable PC. Pretty much always double the cost.

If you want a decent machine and not actually waste your money, then you should build your own. That way you know the PSU wont blow up after 3 months of use, and the GPU in your machine will actually be worth a crap.

Thanks for all this help. I want to build my own PC, but I am such a noob to computer parts, I wouldn't know what to build without it being super expensive ):

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom