PLEASE HELP: My Computer turns on but no display ! I tried everything.

i did install it properly. i think it came with bent pins
If it came with bent pins then why would you install a CPU into it that way?

the thing is is that preventing the computer from having any display..
Like I said, obviously. Bent pins means the board isn't making proper contact with the CPU and if they are that bad there is a good possibility the CPU is fried too.
That means it isn't just the video, your whole computer isn't going to work. When you get a new board back you better hope the CPU still works.

it shouldnt.. they are returning it back to me. i swear when i shipped it, it was fine. they said it has several severely bent pins. Ill have to see it myself in order to judge.

it shouldnt.. they are returning it back to me. i swear when i shipped it, it was fine. they said it has several severely bent pins. Ill have to see it myself in order to judge.

I'm sorry to say this to you, but if newegg sees amd cpu bent pins atleast 6 or more there is nothing they can do for you.
If you call amd tomorrow ask the policy on bent pins you will be in for a rude awakening.
You will need to get a new cpu if its unrepairable.

"coming from a amd-intel based user"

Best of luck on your rma.

I'm sorry to say this to you, but if newegg sees amd cpu bent pins atleast 6 or more there is nothing they can do for you.
If you call amd tomorrow ask the policy on bent pins you will be in for a rude awakening.
You will need to get a new cpu if its unrepairable.

"coming from a amd-intel based user"

Best of luck on your rma.
Dude what? He had an i5 and the motherboard had bent pins.

Dude what? He had an i5 and the motherboard had bent pins.

Sorry kid I misread the topic abit he said bent cpu pins did he not ? :/
Anyway if he has bent motherboard pins, he may want to make sure his i5 isn't scratched up at all.

Your a intel cpu expert at heart mguire so you should know first hand what intel will check before even letting him get the cpu rmaed through them for free.

If I'm right, he may as well, look into new cpu replacement.
I know he doesn't want to spend the cash, but you when gonna do if you have no other options left ?

Last edited:
Sorry kid I misread the topic abit he said bent cpu pins did he not ? :/
Anyway if he has bent motherboard pins, he may want to make sure his i5 isn't scratched up at all.

Your a intel cpu expert at heart mguire so you should know first hand what intel will check before even letting him get the cpu rmaed through them for free.

If I'm right, he may as well, look into new cpu replacement.
I know he doesn't want to spend the cash, but you when gonna do if you have no other options left ?
Correct terminology is socket pins or motherboard pins for LGA but technicality aside they are still CPU pins. Yea I already told him he would be lucky if his CPU isn't actually fried. Too many voltage connections and not enough ground could cause an instant short if the socket was that badly damaged.

Back
Top Bottom