Are my fans running too fast?

mobkon

Baseband Member
Hey all -

Just checking to see if my fans are running a little too fast. I recently built this build about a month ago. Fans were initially running pretty fast, but then I turned on Smart Fan (not sure of the exact name) in the bios and it lowered the fan speed a bit.

My idle temps are about 17C and under max it gets to about 56C.

Though at idle, as you can see, my fan is mid 3,000 range. It's not too loud, but definitely louder than I'd like.

I can't seem to get SpeedFan to work as I'd like it. I would like the fans to stay low and kick in higher when at a certain temperature.

Also, it doesn't seem SpeedFan is giving me some of the correct temperature reading.

What's wrong here and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks!

speedfans_zps824eec86.jpg

The problem with speredfan is you got to figure out which fan is what.

I have a feeling that fan is the chipset fan and 3000rpm is normal as it would be a 50mm fan. But to be sure which mobo do you have?

your board only has one syst (case)fan header and I highly doubt that it is adjustable from the bios (MSI makes economy boards), leaving you to only set the cpu fan, their should be a bios function that will auto adjust the fan speed as it's needed....higher under more load and lower under less load.
If you have case fans then you can change the wiring on the molex connector to slow them down to 5 or 7 volts. You can also get a controller panel to manually adjust the fans. they have some fancy one's out there
Controller Panels, Fan Controller Panels - Newegg.com

theyre not that far off actually.
You can check your bios and allow the system to controll the cpu fan, but it's looking like it aleady is.
What fans do you have connected?

theyre not that far off actually.
You can check your bios and allow the system to controll the cpu fan, but it's looking like it aleady is.
What fans do you have connected?

Only one rear fan is in my system currently. I had planned to put in another front fan, maybe a side fan...but my system runs at pretty good temps as it is, even under full load. I could do without the added noise of more fans.

Am I alright you think with the fans at the current speed?

Back
Top Bottom