Installed a Artic Cooling VGA Silencer on 9700 Pro and now my computer won't boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrs

Solid State Member
First off let me give the basis as to what i have:

Crucial Radeon 9700 Pro
Chaintech VNF3-250
Athlon 64 2800+
1GB Ram

I just got the VGA Silencer Rev. 3 today. I took off the stock fan and cleaned the chip. I then applied the paste that was included with the VGA Silencer. I put it on and installed it back in. I boot up the computer and the computer makes about 3 loud beeping noises and nothing appears on the monitor. I tried reseating the 9700 Pro a few times. then i took off the VGA Silencer and reinstalled the stock fan. i'm praying that the 9700 didn't burn out or anything. I put back the VGA Silencer back on and the fan on it still works. the rest of the computer still has power to it.

Thanks in advanced!

..... think 3 is no display.... but I can never remember beep codes. Were you using an esd braclet?

YourPrinter said:
a. did u put too much paste?
b. did u put too little paste?
c. does the fan turn on?

i feel like i put just the right amount of paste. the fan does turn on.

Sui said:
..... think 3 is no display.... but I can never remember beep codes. Were you using an esd braclet?

there are 3 beeps. the first one is long and the last two are very short. i wasn't using a braclet

one long and two short is a display issue,...make sure the card is seated properly, so take it out and re-seat it. Also, if the card has an extra power cord, make sure that that is plugged in properly as well. I know that my 9800 pro has an extra power plug that comes straight from the PSU.

lev2323 said:
one long and two short is a display issue,...make sure the card is seated properly, so take it out and re-seat it. Also, if the card has an extra power cord, make sure that that is plugged in properly as well. I know that my 9800 pro has an extra power plug that comes straight from the PSU.

i'll check that out. i know in the instructions there power cord has an A, B, and C. the A goes to the PSU plug. B goes into the Video card. C goes into a Hard Drive.

i've heard sometimes you have to reseat it a lot because of the AGP slot? i hope that's my case.

well you can e-mail whatever company makes your motherboard, and ask them what the code means.
Or
You can put another card in the slot and see if it boots up, because you most likly discharged into your video card thus frying it out, and maybe the agp port too, along with anything else in your computer.

Sui said:
well you can e-mail whatever company makes your motherboard, and ask them what the code means.
Or
You can put another card in the slot and see if it boots up, because you most likly discharged into your video card thus frying it out, and maybe the agp port too, along with anything else in your computer.

that scares me. i have an old pci video card on a Pentium 486
that i'll try. i have a chaintech and from what i heard their support sucks. man...

i put the old PCI Video Card in and everything works. i guess i burnt out the card. i guess that means i have to buy a new one and not to mod it.

if it safe to test the "burnt" out card in someone else's computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom