I wanna new motherboard......just because?

Yevrag35

Pushing Daisies on Saturn
So I want to get a new motherboard, cause I'm sick of my old one.

There's nothing wrong with it, but I want something worthy of my other components. I want preferably an E-ATX board, and my budget is no more than $300 before shipping.

I was looking around at two earlier today:
ASUS Maximus V Formula/Assassins C3
ASRock Z77 Extreme9

Does anybody have any other thoughts, opinions, interjections?

Worthy of your components? My friend running SLI 680s (who is about to grab Titans) has a cheaper board than yours lol. Not exactly an interjection, but just saying that's a terrible excuse to burn money :)

I vote, ASRock :p

Worthy of your components? My friend running SLI 680s (who is about to grab Titans) has a cheaper board than yours lol. Not exactly an interjection, but just saying that's a terrible excuse to burn money :)

I vote, ASRock :p
He has a cheaper board than what I have currently, or what I was looking at?

Now here's another question though:
Seeing as my current mb doesn't have pci express 3.0, wouldn't it better to have a board that does for the 680? or would it not make that much of a difference?

Unless you add another it wont matter. A single 680 or 7970 doesn't fill a 16x 2.0 bus but in SLI on the mainstream platform when they are dropped to 8x it does cap. It isn't noticeable though. I mean, SLI 680s guy on the crappy GB board has no issues with 1080p Surround.

Back
Top Bottom