Lenovo 3000 H210 boot problem

pookie954

Beta member
I've got a Lenovo 3000 H210 that will not boot. When I press the power button, the light comes on and the fan starts up for a few seconds and then stops and the power light turns off. The fan comes back on for a few seconds, and then off again. I checked all of the connections inside the tower. All were secure. So I started to disconnect cables and try to boot. After disconnecting the P2 cable (labeled as 12v power connector), the power stayed on. What do I need to replace??

I would look into replacing the PSU first. Or at least find a spare one to test it out.

I would look into replacing the PSU first. Or at least find a spare one to test it out.

Pookie, as carnage said go ahead and replace the psu.
By looking at your post I assume your system is underpowered and old.
This will help you, check newegg on monday and see if they have any 39.00 antecs on sale they were out of stock of it which is odd.

Antec Basiq BP430 430W Continuous Power ATX12V Version 2.2 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com
That should give you more than enough power to handle 2 hdd 2 opticals ram and low profile low power ati or nvidia cards and one medium sized case fan.

Back
Top Bottom