Help me get the maximum cooling out of this case!

Any particular reason you went with these particular parts? Would be better to put your money in better performing parts rather than an expensive case and water setup.

For instance, getting a much cheaper case and ditching the AIO cooler you can get an i5 and at least 8GB of RAM which would far benefit you more than a bit of extra cooling.

Also need to know what graphics card you bought to recommend the proper PSU.

well, honestly, you really wouldn't need the liquid AIO cooler, unless you're planning to overlcock. I would save the money and get a better motherboard and more ram honestly, you could even spend the ~10$ more to get the six core version of the CPU you chose. BUT you could get something nice for air cooling, that will still keep things frosty.

like these:

[URL="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099]COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO[/URL]

[URL="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103057]COOLER MASTER Hyper N 520 [/URL]

Noctua NH-C12P SE14 140mm SSO CPU Cooler

I'm sure there may be some better ones, im a bit pressed for time atm, so i didnt look too hard. if you're planning on overclocking, stick with some form of water (the AIO or custom..)

As for keeping the case cool, you have plenty of space for fans built in to the case, so just make sure you have all those running. i try to balance intake and exhaust (thats just me though)

As PPMguire said, we need to know what kind of graphics card you have before we can suggest a good power supply.

I got the PNY xlr8 performance edition geforce gtx 660 sli. it has 2048mb gddr5, costed me about 250 bucks i believe.

I got a GPU, a hard drive, and cd rom i can salvage from my current pc.

i want a great case that will help me not over heat. and well what ever else you guys recommend i guess.

Graphics card requires-

"Minimum 450W or greater system power supply (with a minimum 12V current rating of 24A)"

as stated at PNY's website.

So without knowing an exact amount of what is in your system (and specific details) the minimum id suggest is a 600 watt PSU. PPM could help you better with that for sure though, so i would wait for him to hop on before you make any choices. You have to take into account everything powered by it, overclocking, if you wish to expand later on etc.

And yes, that kit would be just as good. i say it this way because PPM will say intel, where as i will say AMD lol in the end result, its up to you, and what you are doing with it. that is a sweet kit however, for sure.
check on Newegg too

Last edited:
The 3570k will be faster than any FX depending on the task. You have to load up all 4 modules on the top end FX chips to make them really shine. Anything requiring faster IPC will be dominated by Intel. That would be the majority of your gaming.

To the OP, the 3570k and more specifically the 660ti are cool running pieces. You don't really have to over do it with cooling to keep them running cool. It's not like we are dealing with Pentium 4s anymore.

I wouldn't purchase from Tiger as their hardware is usually over priced. I wouldn't put much trust in to the Toshiba HDD either.

CPU:
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K - Newegg.com

Motherboard:
ASRock Z77 Extreme3 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

RAM:
CORSAIR XMS 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 - Newegg.com

HDD:
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 Internal Hard Drive - Newegg.com

$487

Here is a good start for a PSU. Remember, you want your most quality part to be your PSU.

SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

A good start to a good case would be the Corsair 300r.

Wow thanks dude! **** I am book marking ALL of those parts.

So I got the graphics card, I have a 5 terrabyte hard drive. I am DEF getting that CPU and motherboard, ram, and power supply. The card is running on max settings right now at 1600x900 resolution. And it doesnt get that hot at all so far. I run Dead SPace 3 maxxed out and I get great frame rate, but I can tell my current CPU and memory arent just doing it any more. They are old peices. But my PC is dated back to like 2007. Upgrade is a due! But yeah, I honestly have NO idea what case to choose. Is a full tower really not that important? i can do mid tower I just dont know which one!

Last edited:
Wow thanks dude! **** I am book marking ALL of those parts.

So I got the graphics card, I have a 5 terrabyte hard drive. I am DEF getting that CPU and motherboard, ram, and power supply. The card is running on max settings right now at 1600x900 resolution. And it doesnt get that hot at all so far. I run Dead SPace 3 maxxed out and I get great frame rate, but I can tell my current CPU and memory arent just doing it any more. They are old peices. But my PC is dated back to like 2007. Upgrade is a due! But yeah, I honestly have NO idea what case to choose. Is a full tower really not that important? i can do mid tower I just dont know which one!
Depending on what parts you have from that era it would be fine. Techradar finally proved me right that for gaming an old quad is still good (unless it's Phenom 1). Then again, Dead Space 3 is a total console port so it wont stress the machine too much.

The two of us recommended the 300r, and the 200r is a good case too. No you don't need a full tower. They are only meant for people stuffing a ton of crap in their rigs or used for total epeen. I have a mid tower and look at the specs in my sig. Cools just fine, despite these 580s being heat monsters. Rule of thumb, a big tower with lots of fans doesn't necessarily mean good cooling.

I have used both of these cases and they have great cable management and cooling.

Corsiar Carbide 200r

Corsiar Carbide 300R

The thing is a case is more personal preference than anything these days. Parts don't generate the same amount of heat as they used too.

Back
Top Bottom