Memory

the voltage of your memory shouldn't affect your CPU at all but lower volt ram will run slightly cooler.. or should.
Actually the 1.65v RAM limit was made because that's as high as the IMC can handle on the Core i chips. Running anything higher than that can damage the IMC over time but anything up to 1.65 is perfectly safe.

Most all kits of 1600 run cold anyways which is why I said it doesn't really matter. Having lower volts is only useful in areas where saving the most power is critical like datacenters or mobile. In that case you would be looking at 1.25v RAM or lower.

Oh ok. Is there a reason you don't like that 1333 kit? You could overclock it to 1600 at cl8 or 9, right???? I have just always been partial to G.Skill ever since they released Ripjaws because I've had so much good luck with them

And wouldn't the lower voltage models be better for overclocking since there's slightly more headroom?

1.65V ram is overvolted RAM and factory overclocked, so it wasn't really designed to run at such speeds. That's as far as I read tho.

Oh ok. Is there a reason you don't like that 1333 kit? You could overclock it to 1600 at cl8 or 9, right???? I have just always been partial to G.Skill ever since they released Ripjaws because I've had so much good luck with them

And wouldn't the lower voltage models be better for overclocking since there's slightly more headroom?
Why go through the trouble when he can simply get the faster RAM for cheaper? Brand loyalty in RAM isn't really a thing anymore. Long as you get one of the big names you're good.

Back
Top Bottom