is there a site to tell me what other Motherboards are interchangeable with my Motherboard? (Gateway MT3422)

Majikwiz

Beta member
I am wondering if anyone has created a site that can easily tell me what other

models can be switched out for the motherboard in my Gateway MT3422 Laptop? (Or

for any model laptop for that matter) The Gateway site is no help so far.

Thanks

Majikwiz:confused:

Usually motherboards are made for specific models / series of laptops. You'll need to find the same model of motherboard for your laptop.

Is there a specific reason you need to replace your motherboard?

Yes. I believe it's no longer functioning. When I press the start button a few lights flash and it sounds like it is checking the CD drive then it just hangs there and does not even go to the post screen. I have taken it out and re-installed it with no change.

thanks

Is there a pattern to the blinking? Which lights specifically blink and how many times?

The library is closing. I've got to go. I will count the lights blinking and all other effects and get back to you maybe Tuesday. No web ti then. thanks.

majikwiz

Yes. (Sorry it has taken me so long to respond) When I plug in the powercord the (right) light comes on showing I have AC power pluged in. Then when I press the power/on button the left blue light comes on (in front) and the light for the Hard Drive (it has what looks like disks) blinks twice and at the same moment it sounds like the system is accessing the CD-Rom drive. And that's it. It hangs there indefinitely.

thank you. majikwiz

Back
Top Bottom