Is this suffice for SQL/Oracle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
Intel Pentium M 725
2 x 256 MB Kingmax (Dual Channel DDR333)
DFI 855GME-MFG (Socket-479 Motherboard)
Apex SuperCase w/ 350W PSU
Optorite DVD +/- RW
LG 52x CD-Rom Drive
Generic Floppy Drive
Chaintech Geforce FX 5200
Maxtor 60 GB HDD
2 x 36.6 GB HDD Ultra 320
LSI Logic Ultra320 controller on PCI-X

Is this enough for a home network and SQL/Oracle work (I'm an Oracle/SQL DBA)?

Thanks! I'm planning on overclocking that processor to 1.92 GHz. At least, that motherboard fully unlocks the processor multiplier.

Any other opinions?

Well, TheMajor, the DFI 855GME-MFG board is an enthusiast oriented board. It is specially designed to fully unlock the processor multiplier.

Yes, all Intel multipliers are locked, but specially designed motherboards can unlock them.

I'm actually, going to try to run this on these specs:
10x multiplier down from 16x
200 MHz base clock up from 100 MHz
2000 MHz clock up from 1600 MHz
800 MHz FSB up from 400 MHz
Under these specs, that 725 should perform better than ever.

I cannot find anything about it on the DFI website.
As far as I know the CPU determines if its unlockable or not. Not the mobo. :confused:

The Major, here is the link: http://www.dfi.com.tw/Press/press_h...&TITLE_ID=4652&LINKED_URL=arch333.jsp&SITE=NA

"To equip overclockers with the best platform to work with, DFI's new Pentium M desktop motherboard boasts a robust BIOS that is packed with optimization options at the widest ranges. Advanced BIOS features include adjustable CPU clock (100 to 250 MHz), adjustable CPU ratio (6 to infinite), adjustable FSB to memory ratio (1:1, 4:3, 5:3), asynchronized PCI/AGP modes (33/66, 36/73, 40/80), and built in stability testing for both memory and CPU. In intensive gaming, DFI's new 855GME-MGF with an overclocked future Pentium M processor will flies past competing platforms with ease. Compared to the performance of Athlon64 4000+ and Pentium 4 3.4 GHz Extreme Edition in Doom3, DFI's new solution tops the chart with a large margin lead (see chart)."

Yes cpu ratio, that is the term used. I saw screenshots of the BIOs when i searched on google.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom