Toshiba mouse pad

MalignantBC

Baseband Member
I was wondering if I could get some insight to a problem I am having. I have a Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5340 with windows 8 and my mouse pad has stopped working. When I start the computer I can move the mouse to select Username and Password boxes at the sign in screen, but as soon as I log in I cant move it around or click. I have tried clicking the fn-f8 button (mouse pad lock) and that doesnt work. My device manager says that this perticular device was is working properly so I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be apperciated.

Thanks,
MalignantBC

I would first try to completly uninstall the driver for the mouse pad. Device Manager, right click on device and uninstall. I would go to Toshiba's website and get a new driver (possibily updated?) and reinstall and reboot. That would be my first try.

Go for the Synaptics driver I linked to. It'll be the most up-to-date version.

Uh, this is weird but I uninstalled the Synaptics PS/2 touchpad driver and the mouse pad is working?? I havent reinstalled anything yet.

It's probably just using the generic Windows mouse/touchpad drivers.

You won't have any of the advanced features of the Synaptics pad until you reinstall the driver/application.

Back
Top Bottom