Upgrading a Lemon

Just an FYI, Windows 7 runs fine on 1GB of RAM.

Maybe PPMguire might voice his tips :p, I really don't see it running fine with 1 gig of ram, when about 700ish meg was taken up by system processes. That was with slimming down the unneeded boot processes as well

Maybe PPMguire might voice his tips :p, I really don't see it running fine with 1 gig of ram, when about 700ish meg was taken up by system processes. That was with slimming down the unneeded boot processes as well

Well I wouldn't say it's impossible. I've fixed machines running XP on as little as 128MB RAM. I've seen 7 on systems with a measured 1.5GB. Granted performance was dismal, but they ran. Lol

Well I wouldn't say it's impossible. I've fixed machines running XP on as little as 128MB RAM. I've seen 7 on systems with a measured 1.5GB. Granted performance was dismal, but they ran. Lol

Lol right? The least I've seen for xp was 256 meg I believe. Convinced my buddy it was time for more ram lol

Lol right? The least I've seen for xp was 256 meg I believe. Convinced my buddy it was time for more ram lol

Lol a relative once brought me a "custom" built computer for repair. A whopping 2.12 Ghz single core processor, 1.5GB RAM, and Windows 7 installed. They purchased it not but a year before I saw it.

My normal 7 install is about 750MB on any machine because I do the same thing to all machines I touch. When my friend came over for a while I was stealing a 2GB stick out of my fiances machine making her run on 2GB of RAM and she couldn't tell the difference really. That's somebody who uses Chrome and Firefox at the same time. 2GB is fine for any general PC, 1GB is pushing it but it still runs, and 512 is just too small for any real computing.

I felt the same confusions in past, I am using graphic apps such as AutoCAD , 3dsmax, CCTV simulator, games, virtualization etc.... I was using AMD sempron ,2800+ with 712 ram ( ie impractical) it seem slow so I upgraded it to Athlon 5500+, 2 gb ram... after some days the same situation :).. it never ends well now seriously you should customize your system,, monitor the performance still needed go for it... if you customize it in best way you will change your mind... os itself resources hungry stuff, I still love Windows xp due to minimum resources best performance for all my necessity apps

I felt the same confusions in past, I am using graphic apps such as AutoCAD , 3dsmax, CCTV simulator, games, virtualization etc.... I was using AMD sempron ,2800+ with 712 ram ( ie impractical) it seem slow so I upgraded it to Athlon 5500+, 2 gb ram... after some days the same situation :).. it never ends well now seriously you should customize your system,, monitor the performance still needed go for it... if you customize it in best way you will change your mind... os itself resources hungry stuff, I still love Windows xp due to minimum resources best performance for all my necessity apps

That is also a reason I like Windows XP. And another reason I'm mad my laptop is too old to support it lol

Back
Top Bottom