Know where I can download the audigy platinum drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramses1982

Baseband Member
I lost the installation cd for my sound blaster audigy platinum and the creative website only has the basic drivers for download but not the other programs like audio hq(which I need if I want surround sound). I emailed customer support and they said that I would have to call them and see about buying another cd. I also tried downloading the audigy 2 drivers and patching them for my audigy card. This seemed to install correctly but it didn't work at all.

So does anyone know where I can get audio hq (for audigy platinum) or where I can get a install cd for cheap?

Well, thats kinda rotten that they make you pay for stupid drivers. Umm, I guess if that is the case then the only way you could get them for free is illegally and we dont do that kinda stuff here.

If you look at the creative website it says that the download for the drivers has been divided into five smaller downloads: the basic drivers, audio hq, playcenter, taskbar, and recorder. The basic drivers I can download, as well as playcenter, but there is no option for taskbar, recorder, or audio hq(which I really need). There are updates available for those files but I have to have the originals to use them. Now I can do without taskbar and recorder but I really need audio hq; it is what I need to use positional 3d audio. Right now when I play doom 3 the sound comes out equally from all speakers.

I see what you mean. that bullship

get to the store buy another exact sounnd card, copy and paste the cd contents to a spot on your hard drive

take that sounnd card back. tell them you don't need it. that isn't illegal since you already had one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom