Optical Mouse Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepusey

Beta member
My optical mouse is not working correctly. When it is working, it constantly freezes for 5 seconds. But most of the time (even at the xp welcome screen) it doesnt move at all.

the mouse has power cos the laser is illuminated and is operating properly because the beam brightens when the mouse is moved and dims when the mouse is stopped moving. also, none of the buttons, scrollwheels, or thumb-buttons work either when this happens.

for reference, the mouse is a Trust AMI Mouse 300 Optical Dual Scroll and only 9 months old. i can replace it, but i'd prefer not to.

This appears to be a software issue. Did your mouse come with specific drivers? If so, you may need to reinstall them. But if this problem persists, I'd suggest buying a new mouse. Logitec makes the best third-party mice. However, i'm not sure if that brand is available in all countries. You may also try getting a Kensington optical mouse.

I will try reinstalling the drivers. But i'd prefer not to have to get a new mouse and not get a different model because i like the features this one has.

also, a mate has one and has never had any probs.

when the mouse freezes does the rest of the PC follow suit? How long as it been doing this? Did it happen not long after installing something?

conflicting IRQs maybe?

the rest of the pc is perfectly fine when it freezes (in a game i can still use the keyboard whilst the mouse is dead).

its been doing it for just under a week now.

and i have not installed anything for quite a while yet.

I have the same problem

Okay, well as the subject states, I too have the same problem. I Plug my mouse into the ps/2 port as well except for the fact that mine is a Logitech.

Its only been a problem for the last 2 months or so. But it really angers me when I'm in the middle of a game [sof2] and I accidently shoot off a few rockets at my teammates killing them because my mouse suddenly decides to push buttons on its own.

Sometimes it breaks and I can't move it at all, or sometimes it will move around by itself, push certain keys such as mouse1, mouse2, mouse3 and scroll, and like your problem sometimes nothing will respond at all.

Rarely the keyboard will do the same thing such as whilst in a game it'll just randomly walk forwards or lean to the left but again its only rare.

I have a AMD 2800+ with about 512mb of Ram and an Nvidia Geforce 4 MX graphics card.

I bought a new mouse and I am waiting for it to be shipped to my house, though after reading what you put I doubt it will have any effect on whats happening. Albeit I'll post another reply shortly and tell you how things worked out. But I would like to know how to fix this problem if anyone else has any input.

Me tooo ya having the same problem.My optical mouse does not moving but the buttons on it are working properly.But the laser light seems to be dim always and i cant find out the problems and i checked the above solutions but nothing working for me ..PLease ya,anyone help and i dont want to replace it coz it is only 4 months old

It's only a $2 mouse that you bought???

No wonder it skips. My old Logitech $8 PS2 mouse skipped on everything.

I would recommend a new mouse, since that one is so cheap...
Even a ball mouse would work better than a $2 optical mouse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom