Monitor Acts Weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

vic

Solid State Member
Hey how's it going everyone.

I have a problem with my monitor. It's a Sony Trinitron MultiScan G520. The problem I have is that just recently the screen gets real blurry to where the text and applications are very blurred and some what faded. It stays this way for about 5-10 minutes then all of a sudden I hear like a loud CLICK and the image becomes sharp again on the screen. I read on Sony's support page that it can be the Power Surge. I purchased another one and it hasn't done it till recently again. I was thinking could it be my graphics card or should I go get this monitor checked out.

Also another question would be, is it better to have the power saver to turn the monitor off after a certain amount of time or should I manually turn the monitor off when not in use?

Thanks!

EDIT: New Question at the bottom. Didn't want to start a new thread.

I would say Monitor issue here,, if it is clicking something inside might be reaching a meltdown.. when the clicking happens, that might be a monitor refresh rate adjuster lowering the refresh rate and resetting the Monitor,,

check the refresh rate vs the card, and what you may have the pixel settings on,, however, we are talking a Multiscan here,, so that is what pushes me back to the meltdown,, they are usually pretty good monitors..

cheers,,

sweet thank you for the info sir! I appreciate it alot.

I'm going to have it checked out.

Also - Don't have your mobile phone near/next to the monitor or any other magnetic electronic device!!!!!!!

Simple mistake done by many.

Don Fudleone

Thanks Don. Quick question, how do you go about placing, if you have, your speakers away from the monitor? Should I put them under my desk? Thanks any info would be great!

Thanks for the reply you guys. But there seems to be some problem. I didn't want to start a new thread for this.

I took my monitor in for repairs and got a loaner. It seems that this monitor, I guess has a problem with it's refresh rate because from time to time it will continously flash the image and not be stable on the monitor. I tried different electrical outputs, could this be graphic card related?

I'm assuming that in the Device Manager it would be under Display Adapters. It currently says I have an Intel (R) Graphics 82845 G Controller. I checked with Intel's site and I have the current driver.

WOW! i found someone with the same problem as me! I have a Sony CPD-g420s (Same monitor just the 19 version)

I recently moved and the First thing i noticed is a slight discoloration in the lower left corner of the screen, It looked like a magnet was nearby. However no matter where i put the monitor i recieved this distortion (funny if i lean the monitor forward it becomes worse) Within a day of moving the monitor did this "cracking" sound that we've talking about. Nothing happened because of it and i didnt think much of it.

One moring about 2 weeks later while my step dad was outside hedging the bushes with an electronic hedger (relevent? i dunno the outlet is on the same cricut as my room) My moniter clicked again, twice in about 10 seconds. After this the picture became slighty blurry. I turrned it off and waited till he finished outside. I tried again about 2 hours later and the picture was fine. But 10 mins later it clicked and went completly blurry.

This is how its been for days. I can let my monitor cool off and when i turn it back on the picture is fine....5 mins later or sometimes more sometimes less it swtiches to being completly blurry again, without and cracking sound. Ive tried other computers, other outlets just about Everything i can think of and nothing seem to change it from going blurry, it will even do it without having a signal going to the monitor, the "no signal" sign just goes blurry.

If anyone has any new information about what could be causing this i'd love to hear from you. I do plan on sending it to a tech repair center on thursday but its going to cost me 125$ as a flat rate....and i only paid 225$ for it!

~Andy R.
Andylaxx@aol.com

I suggest a new monitor for the money. However, it is odd that a sony would be susceptable to this kind of behavior. Your next best brands would probably be NEC or laCie.

Andy, I thought I was the only one also. But i paid almost $900 for mine because I have a problem with my eyes and it was the only one that fitted me comfortably with all the settings and everything. The loud clicking sound was LOUD for me also and i experience the same thing as u. My monitor is in the shop currently for about 2 months, but I have loaner, it's a dell, but still almost same thing. Thank God I paid $60 extra for 3 year warranty. When I find out what they found I'll post it up.

Mac, I was also thinking the same thing. The day I took it in for repairs was exactly a year from when i purchased it. But I can't wait for it as I also bought the MJ-12 DDR from alienware. I pretty much get my comp and monitor returned at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom