Thumb Drive Problems

Thorax_the_Impaler

Minecraft Veteran
Hello everyone! And thanks for your time/answers!

I'm having a bit of trouble with an old thumb drive of mine. Basically, it connects to the computer, just fine. Regardless of the OS, (I've tried bootable disks as well), the computer starts misbehaving if one tries to modify any files on it, or move/copy them. I have tried to format it many times, all with no success. I've tried to access it from Linux systems, and it just throws an error or freezes the system, until I unplug it. On every Windows system I've tried, it freezes the system, then if you unplug it the taskbar, cursor, and desktop icons disappear. The only way out of this wormhole is to activate the Start menu with the key on the keyboard. I'm serious when I say nothing else I've tried works.

I've literally spent hours on this flash drive, and I've been met with nothing but headaches. I would like to fix this so I can grab the files off of it, but it's not possible because every time the drive mounts, my system goes berserk. Can anyone help me with this please? Thanks again in advance. :)

Flash drives are really cheap now days.....it's probably not worth the headache. Just replace it
When they go bad, you can access the data but can't write to it. Sounds like it's met it's life span

Back
Top Bottom