Temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
all depends on what cpu and vid card you are using and if you are referring to when its idle or under load.

my cpu runs under normal load at 35c, case temp at 23c.....under HEAVY load it maxes out at 49c/28c. I have an oc'd p4 2.4. my vid card never exceeds 40c which is a 9600xt.

You really need to give us your specs, case, motherboard, kind of heatsink if it's aftermarket, CPU stuff like that, every system is different. My 2400+ XP with it's stock CPU and sides off the computer with no fans ran at 64C idle :eek: but that's way too hot and I believe that chip has a tendency to burn hot. Generally most AMD's are in the 40's and into the 50's under full load when it's stock cooling and not too much effort into cooling has been placed.

I don't know my graphics cards temps because they started putting in the probes at 5700 Ultra and I have just the 5700, but I know the newer cards are hitting 80C and that's like the norm temp.

wat do u mean u dont know ur graphics card temp!!!!!! I also have a fx5700 non ultra 256mb and when i go into advanced tab on properties, u know to get to the nvidia menu it shows temp readings, mine by the way is at 35 celcius!!!

ardy89 said:
wat do u mean u dont know ur graphics card temp!!!!!! I also have a fx5700 non ultra 256mb and when i go into advanced tab on properties, u know to get to the nvidia menu it shows temp readings, mine by the way is at 35 celcius!!!

Not all video cards have the option in windows to see the temp of the card. I dont think my 9800 pro has that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom