PC build

They are practically the same across the board. So it's a case of AMD or Nvidia drivers. I have both running in my house right now and have always had an AMD instance running in one machine. AMD just don't have mature drivers. Some games show it, some don't. My deal is the latency issue. Absolutely no stuttering on Nvidia.

the tech report is leading the way in reviewing with the '99th percentile' fps. showing that they have nearly identical fps on average, but the amd freezes more giving less overall quality to the display.

There is one more thing PP, if I have a 460w PSU, do I have enough wattage for a GTX 670 (I might be buying one of those after all)? I'm really short on cash now, and some people are telling me there's a slight chance it might be enough...
Or is that all bull and ****?

Well, after reading this article: Radeon HD 7950 vs. GeForce GTX 660 Ti revisited - The Tech Report - Page 1

I'm pretty much convinced I should buy a 660 ti, I even think I can get it almost 40$ cheaper than the 7950 :D
Just saying, the frame times have been improved after the newest drivers from AMD but it's still reported as not as smooth as nVidia. A driver release with a new video memory manager or something like that is expected from AMD, which will hopefully eliminate micro stutter.
I was in the same boat as you, in fact the 660 Ti for me was 40$ cheaper than the 7950, I got the 660 Ti after long discussions here with PP mguire and discussions on another forum in a thread of 124 posts xD.
You'll be satisfied with either, but I'd have gone for 7950 if I hadn't read about micro stutter.

Thing is, people don't realize how unstable their drivers are until it's too late.
One such instance, if AMD drivers crash you blue screen.
If Nvidia drivers crash the driver resets itself and your card and you crash to desktop without the need for a reboot.

Thing is, people don't realize how unstable their drivers are until it's too late.
One such instance, if AMD drivers crash you blue screen.
If Nvidia drivers crash the driver resets itself and your card and you crash to desktop without the need for a reboot.

Actually, when you mention it, I have bluescreened a few times...
I just didn't dig around as to why...
:D

If you aren't overclocking, that is most likely why. Something went wrong and the driver crashed causing a blue screen. You can always Google the 0x000**** code to find out if it's the GPU or not.

Back
Top Bottom