msi cr640 laptop won't turn on...

chrisredmayne

Solid State Member
Woke up this morning and my laptop just won't turn on at all...

Have tried removing the battery and power cable then holding the power button and replacing, then the red light comes on to say that its connected to the power but still won't turn on!

Any other tricks to try? Two weeks after the warranty expired too!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130217_121404.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130217_121404.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 3
  • ForumRunner_20130217_121416.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130217_121416.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 2
  • ForumRunner_20130217_121445.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130217_121445.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 3
Do any lights blink once you press the power button? Any fans spin up? Does the LCD screen blink like it's turned on?

Does it sound like I need to take it in somewhere ?
The red charging light doesnt go on if I don't do the power switch trick so I'd guess the power switch is still working. But there's no sign of life at all... Hmmm

I would point towards the motherboard being the culprit.

You could try making sure the RAM modules are secure, and could try only using one RAM module at a time.

Never done anything like this with a laptop, just opened up a computer before. Is it just the same really ? Open the screws up and it's all there, just push everything in ? I think it may have been dropped or moved harshly as I'm sure it was on the setee the night before it was broke and then it was on the floor the morning after ! Hmmm

That bit of info would have been nice to know as well..

Take off the bottom panel(s), and make sure all of the RAM modules, wifi-card, HDD, etc. are all connected in tightly.

RAM not seated completely can cause a PC not to boot up at all.

Took the back off and everything seems to be in tight but still no luck :O strangely the red power light comes on as soon as the charger is in now though... Any other ideas ?

ForumRunner_20130225_175203.jpg

Back
Top Bottom