NFSU2 slow on second run??!!!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

millsd44

Baseband Member
When i first installed NFSU2, and play it, on full graphics, its about 25fps+ i would say all the time (1280x1024 max details). If i play it again the next day (yesterday) it was running less than 10 fps. What has happened? I can run it on 25+fps only on 800x600 and lowest details! ARG! Ive got all the latest drivers for everything, thats why im thinking its hardware related :S

Any help appreciated, thanks.

What did you do between these two dates? Anything? Any driver updates, any computer mods. Also I know NFSU2 plays kinda rugged now and then.

sometimes the latest drivers you download will actually decrease performance of the game. try rolling back to u're previous drivers, or just use the drivers that came with the video card when you got it. sometimes using the old drivers helps the video card perform better. by the way, what card do you have?

i didnt do anything at all between the 2 times running the game, but i just downloaded and installed the ati catalyst 4.9 drivers (i was on 4.11) and it made no difference whatsoever. What is happening???!?!?!? arg computers are so anoying, why cant it run it like it did the first time?

Did you turn on 4xAA or anything like that which may not have previously been on ? That would cause a performance drop like that if the card isn't great. Just an idea I had. I'm no computer wiz like these guys. That's my 2 cent.

Do you have alot of programs in the background running? Spyware, or viruses? You can turn off programs if you run msconfig. Does a fresh boot up help?

ive found the reason, its my processor. I dont know why, but i think its just not good enough for this. Its at 1750mhz (166x10.5) then i overclocked it to 2100mhz (200x10.5) and i could run it on slightly higher graphics than without. So ive decided that i hate sempron and im going back to athlon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom