Mouse isnt being recognized

Dalinkwent726

Baseband Member
The problem I am having is (I think) a weird one, if I just plug my mouse into the rear 2.0 slot it works just fine, but when I try to use the software to assign macros and such the mouse isn't recognized, in fact I get a message that says "device not recognized." This happened to me with another mouse and I assumed it was something wrong with it's software, but I just came home from buying a new one and I am getting the same problem.

The previous mouse was a Cyber Snipa Fierce, the new mouse is an Aivia Krypton. My motherboard is an ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 with the latest drivers, I actually just downloaded the newest ones before writing this thread.

Also I have tried using the different 2.0 ports on the back (I only have 2) and I get the same message with both, I have also tried using the 3.0 ports but the mouse doesn't respond well it jumps and stutters.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it because if I can't get this problem fixed I am going to have to use some generic $10 mouse and seeing as I would like to play games on this computer that's not what I want to do.

Try going into the device management and under 'Mice and other pointing devices' uninstall the drivers, then try plugging your mouse in again.

Try going into the device management and under 'Mice and other pointing devices' uninstall the drivers, then try plugging your mouse in again.
I did what you said and it still doesn't recognize the mouse. Is there a reason why the mouse "plug and plays" just fine but the software says it cant recognize it?

I did what you said and it still doesn't recognize the mouse. Is there a reason why the mouse "plug and plays" just fine but the software says it cant recognize it?

Maybe Windows is just installing generic drivers for it causing the mouse software not detecting it as one of their products.

Not sure if their are any specific drivers for it, or updates that are missing.

I honestly have no idea. I have the G700 and my mouse works 100% perfectly fine without software (used software to program profiles) but now that I'm required to run the software (I have G930s) it has been screwing up. If you can program and you mouse has memory to save profiles I suggest doing that and uninstalling the software. If not I really have no idea how to help.

I honestly have no idea. I have the G700 and my mouse works 100% perfectly fine without software (used software to program profiles) but now that I'm required to run the software (I have G930s) it has been screwing up. If you can program and you mouse has memory to save profiles I suggest doing that and uninstalling the software. If not I really have no idea how to help.
Thanks for taking a look I appreciate it. My mouse does have some internal memory but wouldn't I need the software to setup the macros and profiles? The software that I am referring to is where you change macros, maybe change the color scheme and the DPI as well.

Last edited:
Maybe Windows is just installing generic drivers for it causing the mouse software not detecting it as one of their products.

Not sure if their are any specific drivers for it, or updates that are missing.
Yeah I believe it has FIRMWARE, not sure if that is the same as drivers or not, but when I try to install it I get the same "mouse isn't recognized" message. Is there a way to stop windows from installing their generic drivers?? I have access to another mouse I can use to navigate if that would help.

Thanks for taking a look I appreciate it. My mouse does have some internal memory but wouldn't I need the software to setup the macros and profiles? The software that I am referring to is where you change macros, maybe change the color scheme and the DPI as well.
Yes well I had to use the software to create the profiles but they are saved in memory and can be used on any PC without the need for software. I can change DPI and profiles and other settings right on the mouse itself via buttons. You should see if you can do this. If you can save profiles to memory on the mouse then just set them up and uninstall the software.

Yes well I had to use the software to create the profiles but they are saved in memory and can be used on any PC without the need for software. I can change DPI and profiles and other settings right on the mouse itself via buttons. You should see if you can do this. If you can save profiles to memory on the mouse then just set them up and uninstall the software.
Well I just found out that the mouse works on another computer, so maybe I will just do what you said and set it up over there and then bring it to this computer and run off it's internal memory. Thanks for the help again man.

Back
Top Bottom