i5 3570k temps

Dalinkwent726

Baseband Member
I just built my computer last weekend and I am still working some things out, also I must warn that I am still very new to computer building.

Okay so on to the question, I am using Realtemp to check the CPU and the 1st and 2nd numbers (cores 1 and 2?) are 4-7 degrees higher then the 3rd and 4th. The numbers are as follows (roughly) 33, 35, 28, 27 at idle, and after using Prime 95 for about a half hour the temps never get above 56. I had some trouble putting the heatsink on and I was thinking that I may have better application over cores 1 and 2, and not so on cores 3 and 4.

I am using a Dark Knight Nighthawk in push pull, used the thermal paste that came with it and applied about a pea sized amount in the center of the CPU. If there are any other questions feel free to ask and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability. Thanks for any help.

Idle doesn't really matter too much. Be worried if you start capping 70c load. With an aftermarket cooler if you don't OC you should never see that.
Just as an example, I'm under water cooling and one core is 36 and another is 42 but they go up and down during idle.

I know a lot of people used to swear by Realtemp but I would switch over to Coretemp. I get a more accurate reading from that program on Intel CPUs.

Idle doesn't really matter too much. Be worried if you start capping 70c load. With an aftermarket cooler if you don't OC you should never see that.
Just as an example, I'm under water cooling and one core is 36 and another is 42 but they go up and down during idle.

I know a lot of people used to swear by Realtemp but I would switch over to Coretemp. I get a more accurate reading from that program on Intel CPUs.
Thanks PP I appreciate the help, and I'll try Coretemp out. I am having another problem as well, I posted it in the peripherals section under "Mouse isn't recognized" and this may seem unorthodox but could you have a look at it and tell me what you think? I really trust what you have to say and you seem to know a hell of a lot more then most folks. Thanks either way.

Back
Top Bottom