PC build

I've been looking at online stores and product lists, there are no corsair TX PSU except three models and they are all ridiculously overpriced, we're talking about 280$ for a single PSU. I say nay, I will not be robbed by my own lust for a luxurious psu. Anyway, is there any reason I shouldn't buy a 700W Corsair GS700 2013?

Really, is there any reason a 700W Corsair GS700 2013 is not enough? I found 3 TX cards in online lists and stores, and they're all 280$+ (Tech stuff is expensive in Iceland, there's like a 50% tax on electronic devices when moving them to the country) If you want to take a look yourself, here's a comparison site that compares items, price and different shops. 1$ is approximately 150 kr: http://vaktin.is/index.php?action=prices&method=display&cid=18

Last edited:
No it's alright I believe you. The only reason I suggested a TX650 was because they're better. I didn't know they'd only be so expensive in Ireland when they're relatively reasonable everywhere else. But hey, what can you do. And if your minds made up then, we're all done I guess.
Good-luck To you when improving your computer.

Thank you very much :) And to PP as well, you both helped me a lot and I learned some new stuff :p thank you guys!

Well, didn't really do much since you're not gonna do any of the suggestions either of us made lol. Except for the motherboard, but again who knows what you're actually gonna do.

Don't get me wrong these Forums are a semi-friendly place, I'm just mad.

Well, I did mention off 2 other brands. What Seasonic PSUs do they carry?

I recommend the 660ti because of drivers. Nvidia have far superior drivers than AMD. I would know, I use both on a day to day basis. Not only that, 13 series drivers still haven't fixed the latency issues with their cards. The 7950 isn't a bad card, their drivers are just ****ing terrible.

Just wanted to elaborate on that.

As to the list, I only see HX units which are going to be more expensive than the TX units because they are modular. The GS will be fine.

"What Seasonic PSUs do they carry?"
None. The list I sent you is a complete list for public sale in Iceland. They've got Corsair AX, The Corsair GS 700W that I'm getting ;), Corsair HX, Fortron Aurum, Inter-Tech Energon , Inter-Tech SL, OCZ ZX, Tacens Radix and Thermaltake Toughpower Grand.
As to the drivers, like my profile says, I'm a tech newbie, I know what drivers are, but what big difference is their quality really going to make?
Also, I know you shouldn't trust what you find on the internet, but here's a comparison chart I found
1352691741F74TQBhKZT_4_5.png

Hey sir that tower would limit your capability for future use as well. Look at some coolermaster cases or for that matter any custom cases. This will allow you room to grow in the future and most of these cases are completely expandable to anything you'd like. Check around online and always think ahead since this can cost you a lot of money if you don't. Check my profile to see my build. Anything questions send them to me I'll be glad to answer. Also since you pay so much in tax to have it sent ot iceland you should get something you'll be happy with and expandable even afterwards of what you do now. Don't want to pay for the same thing twice with taxes like that!

Last edited:
"What Seasonic PSUs do they carry?"
None. The list I sent you is a complete list for public sale in Iceland. They've got Corsair AX, The Corsair GS 700W that I'm getting ;), Corsair HX, Fortron Aurum, Inter-Tech Energon , Inter-Tech SL, OCZ ZX, Tacens Radix and Thermaltake Toughpower Grand.
As to the drivers, like my profile says, I'm a tech newbie, I know what drivers are, but what big difference is their quality really going to make?
Also, I know you shouldn't trust what you find on the internet, but here's a comparison chart I found
1352691741F74TQBhKZT_4_5.png
Yea after I asked I figured that was a complete list but was too lazy to edit lol.

A huge difference. Could mean the difference between crashing and no crashing, random FPS dips on different games, whatever. The biggest difference is the latency issue that the 13 series drivers still don't fix. Google for latency 7950 vs 660ti. I believe Techradar does the article.

Or you could always PM Sean W. on his experience on his swap over.

i dont know about random crashes, but the nvidia drivers will give you slightly faster and more consistent fps on comparable cards. amd drivers are just not as mature. amd drivers tend to 'stick' on complex and not so complex scenes. youll get a noticeable hiccup where it just sort of hangs. is it the end of the world and a disgusting sight to see? probably not, so if you have the option of a probably better gpu at comparable specs and prices...

Back
Top Bottom