alban

Baseband Member
i5-3570k 3.4ghz processor
as rock z77 extreme 4 mobo
evga gtx 660 gddr5 2gb superclocked graphics card
corsair vengeance 8x2 16gb ram
power supply cx600 corsair used it because i had it
212 evo heatsink

when i built the computer i turn on the power supply the pc turns on by itself without having to press the power button which is strange, but it turns on then like 5 seconds later turns off even with the power supply on the reset button and some other button still have the light on when this happens, the fans also stop spinning and it all turns off, what could be causing this? did i plug in something the wrong way or is the motherboard faulty? who knows how i could find out? or is it the thermal paste on the 212 evo and the processor is it causing the problems?

i took off everything and tested the motherboard without ram or graphics card or anything but the processor and evo installed and it works fine but for some weird reason turns off with the other stuff attached im gonna have to assume a stronger power supply maybe a tx800 watt or something like that would be good

Are you sure you have the front header cables plugged in correctly?

Sounds more like you have the restart or a speaker/mic cable plugged in instead of the power button

i figured it out it was the case, there are yellow screws which have to be inserted into the case to lift the mother board off the case plate because it seems to cause some issues with the electric current now since i got that fixed i am having trouble installing windows xp but i will make a new thread about that

Back
Top Bottom