Advice on upgrade please?

TechJerk50

Banned
Hi guys. I'm gonna be building The Ultimate Extreme Enthusiastic Badass Mofo Custom Built Computer and want some advice if there's any possible parts I could upgrade.
I create/edit Videos, Play BF3, GoW, Farcry, Crysis, Forza, Fifa on The Highest possible settings etc. I use near enough all The Microsoft Office Applications.
I'm in a band so music is a huge part of my life, so I need and want an absolute beast sound system. Preferably 7.1 But whatever.
Intel Core i7 3970X Extreme(Sandy Bridge) = £799.98
Corsair H100i Hydro CPU Cooler = £90.12
Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Motherboard = £314.53
EVGA GeForce 4GB GTX 690 = £798.83
EVGA GeForce 4GB GTX 690 = £798.83
Artic Accelero Hybrid GPU Cooler = £102.89
NZXT Kraken X60 All-In-One Liquid Cooling £119.52
Corsair AX1200i Fully Modular PSU = £238.94
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 1866MHz RAM = £271.42
3TB Seagate Constellation HDD = £302.76
480GB Corsair Neutron Series SSD = £370
480GB Corsair Neutron Series SSD = £370
Or Two 480GB Intel 520 Series SSD's at £390.58 Each.
Corsair Carbide 500r White Case = £100.20
-----
Asus Xonar Essence STX PCI-E 7.1 Soundcard = £137.65
All I could see that's remotely decent was a BOSE Lifestyle T10 5.1 Home Cinema System costing £1,499.99. I know BOSE are good but with that price range I'm sure I could get better.
-----
LG 29" 29EA93-P IPS Ultra Wide HD Monitor x3 = £417.95 x3 = £1253.85
Panasonic 42" TH-42LF20E Pro HD Monitor = £1,144.80
Also after reading other people's Threads and the pictures someone posted I want a Projector as well. All these items will be in my new Cinema room so I'm going to sell my 72" 3D TV and replace this with an absolute huge Projector. Preferably something extremely crazy badass like 300". I live in 6 Bedroom apt and space is definitely not an issue.
-----
Razer Ouroboros Elite Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse £129.98
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Elite Mechanical Keyboard £119.63

Last edited:
That's quite the system.

You have 2 different coolers for the cpu. The 280mm of the kraken will probably be better than a h100

At the cost of the coolers, you may want to look into a custom water loop instead of the all-in-ones.

Oh? It said all in one so I assumed it was general Liquid Cooling not a CPU Cooler. What would I need to make this system fully water cooled then? I could get a couple nice Fans but I may as well spend just a little more for better cooling.

I take it you don't have a budget problem?

If budget isn't a problem then I'll only change a couple things. If it is you could save some money. Just need that answered then I can get to work on getting the things you want.

Also, if music is a huge part then you might want to consider getting a high quality set of studio cans for music listening as it will provide a better experience than some mid tier over priced surround sound speakers.

Budget's definitely not a problem no. Don't particularly want to save money on this either.
And yes!! That's what I'm looking for, I'm sure I'd like it but £1500 For a crappy overpriced BOSE system is pathetic.

Well you have all kinds of problems in that list. The 690 definitely wont support the accelero cooler because that is for single GPUs and the 690 has 2 GPUs on one board.

Actually, do you plan on overclocking this machine at all? If not then you don't need any after market cooling at all except something to put on the CPU since SB-E chips don't come with a cooler.

Next up is the graphics solution. You'll get better performance if you purchase 3 Geforce Titan cards that are about to come out. They are supposed to be released this month around 800 a pop.

Don't get the Constellation drive. You will get the exact same performance out of the standard 3TB barracuda XT.

I vote for 2 480GB Neutron drives, but you will need experience in how to RAID first. If you don't have this experience then I recommend sticking with a single SSD.

Next I recommend the Corsair 800d or 900d. The 500r is a little small to be packing ALL of this hardware. It will work, but with the case closed (if you decide to go dual 690s) it will get toasty.

Finally audio and screens. I'm the one that posted the projector screens. I need a site you will be ordering from so I can give recommendations on audio and screens. I will not be recommending stuff you can simply order from a standard PC site if you're need for quality is this great. For audio and video I can make a million dollar setup or a 1000 dollar setup hence why I asked on budget.

I don't even know what RAID is tbh. I'll go with the Corsair 900d.
Oh I see, that was a pretty badass Projector you had. I'm ordering all my computer components(Including Monitors,Keyboards,Mouse) From Computer Hardware - Scan.co.uk and idk where I'd even start looking for professional audio so any shop in the UK I guess, if that's any help.. I'd like to spend no more than £2000 On Audio.

Scan doesn't have much of a choice for projectors. If you want to go all out you will need a roof mount and a screen to go with this.

The only one better is the 300 but the only difference is 3D capability.

Optoma 1080p Full HD Home Cinema Projector - HD230X - Scan.co.uk

For audio it really depends on what you want. I would look at Yamaha 5.1 or 7.1 A/Vs and Harmon-Kardon/JBL or Polk satellites. You will want a sub too. If you can find a place online with a list of things I can look at I can pick something out for you in the 2000 range or less that will sound great. You will just have to put it together yourself (wire it up) because this wont be a theater in the box BS.

A quick Google says it can do up to 300" but you have to have enough throw to do that big of picture. In other words, it has to be far enough back. Mine is 15ft from the opposite wall and I get about 120" diag screen.

Pro Audio is another term for live audio, or in other words live bands. My area of audio expertise actually.

Back
Top Bottom