linux and windows

raziel0072

Beta member
I dont know if this is the right place to ask this so im sorry in advance.
what i was wondering is that i would like to have linux and windows on the same computer abd i was wondering if a dual partion or haveing two hard drives would be best, i allready have windows vista installed and i use it for gameing, ide love to hear what you guys think :)

If you have a spare drive that isn't slow as dirt then I would just install Linux to that. If not there are programs you can use to make a partition on your current drive to install Linux.
A third option is you could download the latest Ubuntu that installs through Windows.

Ok cool, so would a 7200rpm hard drive be good enough or would i need something better. also would i just have to plug it in as usual or would the two drives conflict or anything

That would be fine, and you should be able to plug the other in just fine. I would wipe it in Windows or boot to your Linux OS installation media to format the drive for use.

I know ive done it before on my old laptop but ive gutted it and got rid of it and want to get back into it. iwas just wondering which is the best way because ive never done it with two hard drives its all ways been partions

Back
Top Bottom