Need help to choose between building new computer or trying to fix current one.

In this day if you are using Alcohol you are an idiot. No offense. If you need to do any ISO work then get Imgburn or MagicISO. I used to use Alcohol 120% back before Vista came out and had a cracked copy. These days Daemon Tools Lite does everything I need.

In this day if you are using Alcohol you are an idiot. No offense. If you need to do any ISO work then get Imgburn or MagicISO. I used to use Alcohol 120% back before Vista came out and had a cracked copy. These days Daemon Tools Lite does everything I need.

Daemon Tools is what I use as well; been using that for years. Haven't needed to use it on Win8 since it has ISO-mounting capabilities now, though.

Didn't know it did, but I still prefer to use Daemon.

I'm trying it out to see it compares to Daemon for my uses.

I never used any of the special features Daemon had really (e.g. SecuROM), so for now, the built-in ISO mounting is working alright. Kinda wish it had a tray icon like Daemon did for faster ejecting, rather than opening up explorer window > right clicking > picking Eject.

absolutely

also with the no offense. call it a tip that you can move on.

I do use daemon tools for everything else. Alcohol has backed up a lot of discs where others couldn't :p so I trust it

hmmm... I might have to look for that. Might start thinking about getting windows 8 and starting fresh. Does that sound like a good idea?

Back
Top Bottom